Friday 23 January 2009

mystery tomato spots

Yesterday I noticed these nasty black spots on one of my tomatoes. I assumed it was blossom-end rot, a fairly common ailment in tomatoes. But I've been told it can't be because the very tip, where the blossom falls off, is unblemished.

So I have no idea what caused these spots. As you can see from the second picture, they're not very deep. They're not caterpillars and I don't they're a fungus because they're not fuzzy.

So yeah ... if any tomato experts are reading this, please let me know what this is and if I should be worried about my other tomatoes too!

What a shame. As you can see, it was another fleshy one with very few seeds. But in consolation, I've picked my second ripe Better Boy this morning and will be enjoying it this evening!

0 comments: